It's that time of year again. We did a bunch of hacking on MetaCPAN at the Perl Toolchain Summit and we got a lot done, but it wasn't nearly enough. Our TODO list never gets shorter and there are lots of folks willing to pitch in, so today I'm announcing that meta::hack v2 will take place from Nov 16-19, 2017 at Server Central in Chicago. As a reminder of how things went with meta::hack v1, please refer to my wrap-up report from that event.
The attendees this year are:
- Brad Lhotsky, San Francisco, CA (craigslist)
- Doug Bell, Chicago, IL (servercentral.com)
- Graham Knop, Amsterdam, NL (booking.com)
- Joel Berger, Chicago, IL (servercentral.com)
- Leo Lapworth, London, UK (foxtons.co.uk)
- Mickey Nasriachi, Amsterdam, NL (booking.com)
- Olaf Alders, Toronto, ON (maxmind.com)
- Thomas Sibley, Seattle, WA (The University of Washington)
This group basically represents the MetaCPAN core contributors. We are restricting meta::hack to this core group again purely so that we can focus on getting the maximum amount of work done over the short time that we have together. If you are interested in joining a future meta::hack, now is a good time to start contributing to the project. Our intention is not exclude willing participants, but to keep the group limited to people who are already up to speed on contributing to the project. Having said that, if any hackers in the Chicago area want to hang out, we're happy to go out to dinner with you while we are in town.
An event like this does cost money and we are still looking for some more sponsors. Some real estate on the front page of MetaCPAN will be used to recognize sponsors. If you or your company are interested in supporting this event, please contact us so that we can send you a copy of the sponsor prospectus.